Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachments in Thin Client

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
clastrilla
937 Views, 7 Replies

Attachments in Thin Client

Hi All,

Is it just me, or has the option to view & download File Attachments disappeared from the new Vault Thin Client (Subscription Extension1)?

In the old web client, there used to be an Attachments tab where you can see the list of attachments, and download them as well.

In the new thin client, all I see is a line item showing me that there is an attachment, but no way to download it?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Zoe-Yao
in reply to: clastrilla

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback!

There is no Attachments tab as the old Web Client. Instead, Thin Client shows attachments under the Uses tab. The screenshot below is for your reference. You can get the attachment files via Actions contextual menu -> Download.

File Attachments.png

Message 3 of 8
kolesaa

what use a web browser?

Message 4 of 8
clastrilla
in reply to: Zoe-Yao

Hi Zoe-Yao,

Thanks for your comment. I realised the issue is because the attachment has no lifecycle attached to it, and as such is not in the Released state. The Thin Client is set to have only Released revisions showing, hence it is not displaying the non-released attachment.

This is a change of behaviour from the old Web Client, as with that, even if the attachment is not Released, it will still display.

Is this the as-designed behaviour of the new Thin Client? If so this is quite an inconvenience - particularly in the scenario where the attachment is generated by the Job Processor (e.g. CoolOrange powerJobs to generate PDF's). We will have to put in new categories and rules to automatically release these files.

That being said, there may be some benefits to these - ensuring attachments are Released before making them available to the Thin Client.

Thanks and BR,

Carlos

Message 5 of 8
clastrilla
in reply to: kolesaa

Hi Kolesaa, I'm tried it with IE10 and Chrome 32 - same result.

Though for this release, I prefer using IE witht the Thin Client as there is more functionality available with it. For example, in Chrome, you can't see the DWF preview file, only a thumbnail.

Message 6 of 8
Zoe-Yao
in reply to: kolesaa

Hi Kolesaa,

All the browsers supported by Thin Client like IE, Chrome and FireFox should be working in this case.

Best Regards

Zoe

Message 7 of 8
Zoe-Yao

Hi Carlos,

Currently such behavior is regarded as designed. Our development team will follow up these concerns you raised. Thanks so much for your valuable feedback!

Best Regards
Zoe

Message 8 of 8
Zoe-Yao

Regarding the Visualization Preview in Thin Client, we are working on this function improvement for other browsers than IE. If everything goes well, it should be enhanced in the next Vault release. Appreciate your bringing up such valuable concern.

Thanks

Zoe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report