Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acceptable Project file not found???

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
996 Views, 5 Replies

Acceptable Project file not found???

OK, I'm not even sure where to start with this one.

I'm missing something here I'm sure.
Users started getting the attached error as of yesterday when attempting numerous Vault actions such as Copy Design, Check Out, Change State (we're one Vault Workgroups 2010).

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but over the weekend I created a new library folder of some custom fasteners and added that library to the Vault at the same level as Content Center under the Vault Explorer ($) directory (See attachment in next reply).

The Project is set to (read only) in Inventor and the new library isn't listed in the "Libraries" or the "folder options" listings in the Inventor Projects dialogue box.

Any help?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Here's the folders we have in Vault showing the new fastener library.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

This message occurs when an operation is being done and a project file
that has common search paths for all the file in the operations can not
be found.

For example if the you select several files from several different
folders and attempt to move them, the Vault will go up the folder tree
and look for a project file that is common for all the files.
If none is found it will display this message.

Hope this helps.

--

Mikel Martin
Autodesk Data Management
Applications Design Lead
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I am getting the same 'No acceptable project file was found' error. We just upgraded from 2010 Vault to 2011 Vault Pro. In that process we planned on restructuring somethings in the vault. The thought was I would be able to drag folders within the Vault Explorer to their 'new' location and all links would stay conected. We every item I try to drag and drop gives me the project file error. So, I understand the file is not found. Can put a new project file in place of the missing one and be back to normal. Or do I have manually resolve everylink in the vault? I really hope not. Is there something else I should look at.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Just replying to say I think we dicovered our problem. Our 'new' locations .ipj file didn't include the 'old' location. We used the same .ipj just modified. In doing so we removed the 'old' location from it. Doing so prevented us from dragging items, in the vault explorer, from outside the project file's folders to inside the project file's folders. Anyway, source of the problem discovered and a plan of attack is being planned.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I have the same problem and found out (together with Andrea Mazzoldi from Autodesk) that Inventor are writing some temp files in "My Document". We have a small buisness server and have "My Document" at the server insted of at C:\. That is the problem. Autodesk will try to fix it, but another way to solve the problem is to log on the computer local (where "My Document" is on C:\) and now its possible to move files again... I hope it works...

Kim Christoffersen

Stirling DK

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report