Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADR Browser plugin - Thin Client 2015

18 REPLIES 18
SOLVED
Message 1 of 19
Esky99!
2682 Views, 18 Replies

ADR Browser plugin - Thin Client 2015

I have the browser plugin installed and am still geting a message saying:

"Autodesk® Design Review Browser Add-in is not available to display this content."

Any ideas here thanks?

Paul

18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
bharath.kumar99
in reply to: Esky99!

Hi Paul - May I ask you to share details of the web browser and the version you are accessing Vault thin client 2015?

Bharath Kumar
Message 3 of 19
Esky99!
in reply to: bharath.kumar99

Google Chrome

Version 32.0.1700.107 m

Message 4 of 19
Esky99!

???
Message 5 of 19
bharath.kumar99

Hi Paul - I see the version you are using is outdated.

Follow the below Steps please  –

1. Update your Chrome browser to the latest version "Version 34.0.1847.131 m".
  2. Do a clean un-installation of Autodesk Design Review.
  3. Install latest verion of Autodesk Design Review.
  4. Make sure you have "Autodesk Design Review Browser Add on v1.2" in your machine, by navigating to "Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features" 

Thanks

Bharath 

Bharath Kumar
Message 6 of 19
Esky99!

Hi Bharath

I have completed what you mentioned and still have the same issue. Smiley Frustrated

Regards

Paul

Message 7 of 19
chearhuat

Hi Paul,

This is an known issues, that we had already adressed in upcoming release.

The workaround is to install ADR desktop in the server machine, so that it will recognise the visualisation files accordingly.

Let us know then.

thanks.

Regards,
Chear Huat.

Chear Huat
SQA Analyst
DLS- Data Management
Autodesk, Inc.

Be sure to check out the Vault Help Wiki!
Message 8 of 19
mdurst
in reply to: chearhuat

I had the same issue and stumbled upon this post.  I installed ADR 2013 on the Vault Server machine and it fixed the issue for me.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Message 9 of 19
scottmoyse
in reply to: chearhuat

Are you referring to an upcoming release of Vault or the plugin?

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 10 of 19
DanSingleton
in reply to: scottmoyse

Still happening with 2016 Thin Client in Chrome, even with ADR installed on the server.

Message 11 of 19
3DAli
in reply to: DanSingleton

same thing here, Vault pro 2016, FDS2016 and still no luck with this and nobody can use thin client in our organization efficiently and we were sold on this functionality!:(

Signature_Small
Message 12 of 19
scottmoyse

I can't believe this is broken again.

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 13 of 19
3DAli

Scott, 

can you really help me to resolve this, web client is kind of useless without this and I need this sorted out. we dont have enough vault lisences for everybody to connect and its realyy frusttrating, I have done all the suggested fixes, add ins, you name it, but it just doesnt work. I appreciate if you have any idea, share 

Cheers

Signature_Small
Message 14 of 19
scottmoyse
in reply to: 3DAli

I can't fix the bugs. But doesn't it even work with Internet Explorer?

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 15 of 19
3DAli

firefox, chrome, IE all failed, any other browser that I can try?

Signature_Small
Message 16 of 19
3DAli

unbelivable, just tried IE and it worked, I swear to God it was not working, I must have done something

I dont kow, but I guess you broke this spell 🙂 

Thank you 🙂

Signature_Small
Message 17 of 19
scottmoyse

Good!! In any case, this should be working with the other browsers and the ADR plugin.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 18 of 19
DanSingleton

"Should work" is something Autodesk need to rid from their vocabulary.

This thing is SO buggy it is next to useless. I get different behaviours depending on both browser used and the file type being viewed. I also get different results depending on the PC I'm logged in on.

Chrome:
.ipt: "Autodesk® Design Review Browser Add-in is not available to display this content." OR useless Pop-Up with preview image
.iam: "Autodesk® Design Review Browser Add-in is not available to display this content." OR useless Pop-Up with preview image
Inventor .dwg: "Autodesk® Design Review Browser Add-in is not available to display this content." OR useless Pop-Up with preview image
AutoCAD .dwg: Useless Pop-Up with preview image

FireFox:
ipt: Properly displays preview of file in new tab OR useless Pop-Up with preview image
iam: Properly displays preview of file in new tab OR useless Pop-Up with preview image
Inventor .dwg: Properly displays preview of file in new tab OR useless Pop-Up with preview image

IE (11):
ipt: Displays in new tab but has huge white bar across preview of file (ribbon that isn't displaying correctly?) OR useless Pop-Up with preview image
iam: Displays in new tab but has huge white bar across preview of file (ribbon that isn't displaying correctly?) OR useless Pop-Up with preview image
Inventor .dwg: Displays in new tab but entire screen is white until you click in it OR useless Pop-Up with preview image

As a recent convert to Vault Pro I am certainly not happy with this. It is most definitely not worth the extra money we paid speciifcally to go to Pro so we could use the Vault Thin Client throughout our shop. We should have stuck with Vault basic. At least it worked and didn't have all the extra overheads involved with Vault Pro.

Message 19 of 19
Carl_mgfx
in reply to: DanSingleton

Hi all

I'm having these exact same issues with 4 Vault Pro servers and their respective client machines!!  Is there a way to get this to work?  We are running Vault Pro 2017 and have only managed to get the thin client to function fully on Firefox with the ADR v1.2. plugin.  I've tried Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome Version 54.0.2840.99 m with different results.  See attached images.

IE 11 Error1.pngIE 11 Error2.pngChrome Error.png

Kind Regards
Carl van Rooyen
Application Engineer

Inventor 2019, Vault 2019,
HP ZBook 15u G4, Win 10 64Bit (ver 1709), i7-7500U, 16 GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics 620 with AMD Firepro W4190M

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report