Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADE PROJECT FILE NOT UPDATING AFTER RENAME IN VAULT PRO

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
DaisySunday
367 Views, 4 Replies

ACADE PROJECT FILE NOT UPDATING AFTER RENAME IN VAULT PRO

I'm not sure if this should be in the Electrical forum or here in the Vault forum, but given that its probably something I'm doing wrong in Vault I'm posting here. I'm running ACADE 2014 and Vault Professional 2014 and today I did a massive rename on an electrical project inside of Vault. I did it throught Vault rename dialog boxes and the drawings took the rename just fine, but the .WDP file isn't updating? Any idea what's going on? Could it just be lagging because I did so many at once or did I miss a step when I renamed everything? I'm sure I can go in and MANUALLY update the WDP but that's a nightmare I really don't feel like dealing with right now! Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks folks!

Daisy

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

i AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE. ANY LUCK RESOLVING?

Message 3 of 5

@DontBelieveMeJustWatch

The message you are replying to is 4 years old.  A lot has changed since then.  Can you offer more specifics on exactly what workflow you followed? 

Also, what versions of AcadE and Vault are you using?

Message 4 of 5

Vault basic 2016. Acade 2018. I closed the project in acade and let another user rename the files in vaukt basic. When i reopened the vaulted project in acade using the open vault project option, all files had rhe updated file names except 3, 11 files total. I was able to remove the old files, add the files back with the new names from the vault working folder. I also removed the old named files local copies. This process resolved my issue, but this should not happen. 
Message 5 of 5

@DontBelieveMeJustWatch

Well, first, I'm happy you have got it solved and seem to be back up and running.  I would agree that this is something that should not happen.  I can't remember it happening to me, though I have had my share of difficulties with AcadE.... not the best of the AutoCAD family IMHO.

All of that said, I think it would be nearly impossible to say what went wrong.  I'm afraid this may be one of those situations where someone would have to be watching the procedure to see where it went awry.  I'm not insinuating user error, although we all do make mistakes, me more so than some.  Were all of the files checked in?  I think you said that they were.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report