Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

404 - File or directory not found

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Raider_71
3150 Views, 10 Replies

404 - File or directory not found

Hi guys we have a strange thing with Vault client. We have just installed Vault 2014 server on a new server. The clients are still running Inv 2013 and Vault client 2013. When selecting the top folder in Vault Client we get this error page saying file not found. I know this must be relating to IIS because if I try and browse IIS using IE (http://Servername/autodeskvault)

Is this normal? Would Vault Client 2014 maybe not display this?

Everything else appears to be working fine. I have also run athe Vault server system check tool and it all passes 100%

Thanks

Pieter

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
samuel.seah
in reply to: Raider_71

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for bringing up this issue. I am seeing this issue as well and will be forwarding to the development team.

The Vault 2014 Client is displaying the correct landing page:

Vault2014ClientLandingPage.jpg

Regards,

Samuel

Message 3 of 11
AndrewdW

I am getting the same results as Pieter. Vault Client 2013 shows Error 404 on the landing page and accessing the web interface gives the same. We are going to install the 2014 version of our Autodesk software soon, so not sure yet what Client 2014 will do.

Any solution to this yet for Client 2013?

Message 4 of 11
Raider_71
in reply to: AndrewdW

Everything else seems to be working fine so I am not too concerned right now.

Message 5 of 11
Raider_71

Hi guys ok now I have a strange one that I need an explenation for. I have now installed Vault Client 2014 on one persons PC running Windows 8. When trying to log in I get an error that the Vault Basic Client 2014 18.0.86.0 is not compatible with Vault Basic Server 18.0.86.0. I dont understand.

So currently this is our setup:

Sevrer 2008 R2 SP1

SQL 2008 R2 SP2

All other Clients are still using Inventor 2013 with Vault Basic client 2013 with all patches and hotfixes. This is working fine. Just the one client with Windows 8 and Vault Client 2014 is not working. Please help!

Message 6 of 11
samuel.seah

You may like to have a look at this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Vault/Problems-after-installing-Vault-2014/m-p/3910192#M47342 

Seems like the same issue and a reboot on the server resolved the problem.

Message 7 of 11
Raider_71
in reply to: samuel.seah

Hi thanks for the feedback. I looked at the post and it is what I am getting as well. When I run that script I get the correct info displayed though. We have also tried restarting the server...

Message 8 of 11
sfinch1

I had the same problem at a client site where they are running Vault 2013 clients with Vault basic 2014 Server.  We got the same 404 error on the landing page.

I figured out what was going on.  The landing page pulls a file from the Vault server.  That file was apparently renamed with Vault Server 2014.  Here's the fix.

On the Vault 2013 client machine:

- Open the file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Vault Basic 2013\Explorer\Connectivity.Vault.exe.Config in Notepad

- Search for this line:

<add key="landingPageURL" value="VaultHTML\index_vb.html"/>

- Change to this (remove the "_vb" from the value:

<add key="landingPageURL" value="VaultHTML\index.html"/>

- Save changes

- Restart Vault Explorer

You'll need to copy this modified file (or make the change) on each workstation running a Vault 2013 client.

Hope this helps.

Message 9 of 11
Raider_71
in reply to: sfinch1

Great thanks for the feedabck. I will have to give it a try sometime. Its luckily not a crytical issue. 

I am strugling with a few other issues with Vault 2014 as well though. Issues like client not compatible with server messages etc. Have you had this as well?

Anyway I hope Adesk can sort this out asap.

Message 10 of 11
karthur1
in reply to: samuel.seah

I have a similar issue.  Rather than getting the 404 Error, when I open Vault 2014, the 2014 landing page is briefly shown, then "Welcome to Vault 2013" is shown over it. I checked the LandingPageURL and it is correct.

Something is missing in the install.

Message 11 of 11
donnie.mann
in reply to: sfinch1

Thanks sfinch1!

Have just upgrade our Testing Vault and hit the same problem.  Changing the Client worked but as an alternative you can also just copy and rename the index.html file on the Server:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ADMS 2014\Server\Web\Services\VaultHTML\index.html

Copy it to the same folder and just rename it to "index_vb.html".

Donnie.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report