Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 hours of rework later.....

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
cbenner
285 Views, 1 Reply

4 hours of rework later.....

Yesterday I spent about half the day making changes to an elaborate frame drawing.  7 sheets of section and detail views for the welders.  Inventor 2013, Frame generator.  I opened the file in the morning, in Vault it was set to WIP.  Get revision from Vault.... and go to work.  I finished the changes, saved the files, and checked the assembly back in to the Vault.  Set the state to "review" on both the file and Item, and had the project manager look it over.  This morning he asked for a few small text and balloon changes.  So I set the status back to WIP, opened the file in Inventor and did a Get Revision.  Now, the local files HAD been saved last night, before checking them back in.  So, logically I should not see any difference between the local and vaulted copy.  I made the changes he asked for, checked it back in and set it to Released so we could send it to the welding shop.  When they reviewed the drawings,.... all of the changes I had made yesterday.... were gone.  We're all stumped. We all saw the changes... IN the vault, last night. 

This is not good for my confidence level.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cbenner
in reply to: cbenner

Looks like this one is on me after all.  I did save and check in the drawing, but not the full assembly of the frame.  When I checked the drawing back out, Vault decided to refresh the assembly, and I did not pay attention to what was happening.  Vacation cannot come soon enough.  At least it's true that changes always go faster the second time through.

Smiley Embarassed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report