Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Vault Pro - Can't Purge because of restricted file versions

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
karthur1
956 Views, 3 Replies

2015 Vault Pro - Can't Purge because of restricted file versions

When I try to purge my assembly, I get this message in the Purge Wizard dialog.  I have not tried to purge in 2015, but before I was able to choose the "Ignore restrictions (Purge Unconditionally)" and it would purge out the verisons.

2014-07-10_1152.png

But, now with 2015 Pro, this is not available.  I am the admin so it should be available.

The reason given for the restriction says the "File version has dependent parents". That is the actual idw that is associated with this assembly.  There is only one version of it (Version2).

Its not just this iam, ANY file I try to purge shows some type of restriction.  I so limited on what it will purge that it is basically useless.

Thanks,

Kirk

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
minkd
in reply to: karthur1

That is correct - you cannot purge versions that are required for vault to handle relationships properly.

Allowing those to be purged is why you had to go through that whole Reference Repair mess when you upgraded.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
thomas.schneider
in reply to: minkd

Hi All,

I run into the same issue in 2016 SP1. Although the tick box "unconditionally" is there it's always disabled.

The help tells a different story http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-6C3D378C-9E30-435A-9597-7E41F8422C76 

but seems to be a fairy-tale Smiley Mad.

For me as Admin it's frustrating because I can't help my users to get rid of some garbage they created by mistake. And to clean this I need
to delete some versions unconditionally (and I know what I do, believe me Smiley Wink).

May someone can explain the truth about this check box - was it forgotten to be removed from GUI or is there still some trick available to
enable and use it?

Cheers,

Thomas

Message 4 of 4
danmachen
in reply to: karthur1

Hi Karthur,
Normally purge is used to remove versions that are no longer required.

If there is only one version, you cannot purge. You can delete instead, though.

I don't think admins can even purge these relationships, instead you have to purge the depending parents or remove the references in those files. 

For instance, if Part1.ipt (Version 2) is referenced in dependant parent Part1.idw (Version 3):

Either purge Part1.idw (Version 3) and then purge Part1.ipt (Version 2)

You can as an admin, so long as the latest file version is the one you want, "Get" the files from Vault, delete the whole file from Vault and open these files from the workspace and check them back in.

This will give you only one version of each file (Version 1) and so long as you are happy you don't want to keep any historical versions, this should work.

Was this helpful?

Please "accept as solution" & please give kudos

Dan Machen
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Ideas that need support:
Circular / Rectangular Point Matrix
Allow Axis & Plane Selection on Rectangular / Circular pattern
Graphical iLogic Programming

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report