Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 Updating References

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Mpendlebury
299 Views, 4 Replies

2014 Updating References

Since migrating from Vault  work group 2013 to 2014 if you use the update file refernce in the vault client we seem to get a bunch of errors that we did not get before. Some examples attached below. Any ideas how were making them or what i can do to fix them? 

Is any one else using vault with civil 3d and having a good time of things?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mikel_martin
in reply to: Mpendlebury

After upgrading from any version older than 2012 you need to run the command "Update File References" on the files before doing a move or rename.

You can run this on single file or on a folder. I recomend not trying to run it on the entire vault at once.

This needs to be ran on the refferencing file (aka the parent file) befor the refferenced (children) files can me moved or renamed.

10-14-2013 8-15-31 AM.png

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
Mpendlebury
in reply to: mikel_martin

Thats the command that is generating the errors.

Im trying to update file refernces not move or rename.

I'll try doing it one file at a time on the files that are throwing errors. 

Message 4 of 5
kreeks
in reply to: Mpendlebury

Any solution to your update file references errors?

I got the same when i migrated/upgraded from 2013 to 2014

Message 5 of 5
Mpendlebury
in reply to: kreeks

Nothing, are you using civil 3d? haivng a pretty miserable time from upgrading to 2014 overall.

I have updated single folders at time, single files at a time, i have started doing them individualy from the perants down or the children up. only way i have managed to fix the error is to delete the file it dosent like. but we have 400gb file store and around 12,000 files have this refernce error. wondering if i should not have updated all file refernces before migrating the database over?

to be honest im not really sure what the update file refernce command is doing is just seems to magic button thats fixes files when they dont want to check in or out. Now we still get lots errors when checking out a drawings related to references but they appear to work as expected, but alot of the refrences names are lost which have to be updated one at a time which is a huge pain but they are loading correctly. so its still sort of working its magic.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report