Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Client - 2013 Server

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
jrossco
375 Views, 1 Reply

2012 Client - 2013 Server

I've been working with a test server in preparation for upgrading to 2013. I installed ADMS 2013 server and restored a backup on the test server.  I want  to use the new ability of having a 2012 client attach to a 2013 server so as to only upgrade the sever to start. I can connect to the 2013 server with the vault 2012 client and am able to check files out. However , when I open the files with Inventor 2012, it says they are not checked out. If I check them out through Inventor, they are checked out from the 2012 server.  I guess when I actually upgrade my 2012 server to 2013 there will only be one server but I still wonder why Inventor keeps going to the 2012 server in my test environment. Is there some project file or setting that's causing this? I'm using the same project file that I used on 2012 and have also tried creating a new one. WOrkspaces are the same. Thanks

Inventor 2012 & 2013

WIndows 7

Vault server 2012 & 2013

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
olearya
in reply to: jrossco

Hey there,

You are logging into the wrong server via Inventor - you need to log out of Vault inside Inventor and change your log in details to point to the new server.

You can move back and forth between the production and test server but its important you keep track of which server you are logged into so as not to mess up any important data!

Hope this helps.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report