Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

web developer version for 2014 report templates

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Winks87
743 Views, 7 Replies

web developer version for 2014 report templates

We will be updating to the 2014 Vault soon.  I currently running the Visual Web Developer 2008 Express edition in XP mode.  I would like to update this to a new version that I wont have to run through XP mode.  What is the latest version of Web Developer that works for modifying report templates in 2014 Vault Professional?

James Winkler
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
olearya
in reply to: Winks87

Hi James,

My understanding is that Microsoft are no longer providing any support for rdlc report format so Web Developer 2008 will still be required for modifying these templates.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 8
Winks87
in reply to: olearya

Ok, so how do I load web developer 2008 express on my Windows 7 64 bit operating system that Vault 2014 pro requires?

James Winkler
Message 4 of 8
olearya

Hi James,

This is a tricky one - we are actively looking at a work around for report templates but I will contact you directly to see what other options we may have.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 8
scottmoyse

Hey James,

You may have already sussed this out. But @Redmond.D created this blog post earlier this year, with a link to a suitable report designer:

http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/blog/2014/04/rdlc-editors.html

It installs and launches on Windows 8.1 but I haven't tried to create a report yet.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 6 of 8
Winks87
in reply to: scottmoyse

Thanks for the heads-up... I am now successfully using "fyiReporting".  It seams to be working well.

James Winkler
Message 7 of 8
mbodnar

Hi James

I see you have successfully used the Fyireporting to edit the rdlc templates

I found an installer (see below) but when opening all default templates except FileTransmittal.rdlc, the preview tab shows an error, before even doing anything

I used the authoring tool to add a few extra fields, and while these become available easily and the RDLC editor is very easy to use, the templates all show an error

https://github.com/majorsilence/My-FyiReporting/wiki/Downloads

Any suggestions on this would be much appreciated

Max Bodnar

Message 8 of 8
mbodnar

Hi James

I see you have successfully used the Fyireporting to edit the rdlc templates

I found an installer (see below) but when opening all default templates except FileTransmittal.rdlc, the preview tab shows an error, before even doing anything

I used the authoring tool to add a few extra fields, and while these become available easily and the RDLC editor is very easy to use, the templates all show an error

https://github.com/majorsilence/My-FyiReporting/wiki/Downloads

Any suggestions on this would be much appreciated

Max Bodnar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums