Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vaults' Roles and permissions

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Denzuki1
688 Views, 5 Replies

Vaults' Roles and permissions

I would like to see the ability to create your our Roles.  I need some users to be able to use Autoloader however only an Administrator or someone that can check-in a file can use Autoloader. These people have different specific roles currently and not all the same. Is there a way to do this now?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Redmond.D
in reply to: Denzuki1

Sorry, you cannot define your own roles.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
john.laidler
in reply to: Redmond.D

This would be great, if it can be done.  We have some that need the right to 'add users', but we don't want them to have full 'admin' functionality. 

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 4 of 6
Denzuki1
in reply to: john.laidler

We have users that need to use Autoloader, because of the high quantity of files they want in Vault. It would be unreasonable for one person to be responsible for the upload of this many files, especially when the Vault Admin would not know any of the drawing history, in case they didn't scan well and need to be "cleaned up". I did assign the administrator role to a couple users; however they were still NOT able to use the Autoloader utility.
Message 5 of 6
pablo_victor
in reply to: Redmond.D

I also have problems with this.

The designers that edit/modify files (Document Editor Level 1) need to have access to rename them too (Document Editor Level 2). The problem is that Document Editor Level 2 also allow them to create new folders and delete files/folders. This should not be allowed for them. Only the administrator can create new folder or delete files/folders in the company.

I hope Autodesk could help with this.

Message 6 of 6

The requirement in general is already posted in IdeaStation, http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-ideastation/create-new-roles-and-or-modify-permissions/idi-p/353... ; I suggest to vote on that.

However - in contrary to the post before in regards the fact that Autoloader only allows the login for members with role "Administrator", your differentiation to limit folder creation could be achieved by custom restrictions. This should not make the accepted wish mentioned before obsolete, but it might be a short term solution as our SDK delivers a ready to use frame work for custom restrictions and user info dialog.

Markus Koechl

Solutions Engineer PDM, Autodesk Central Europe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report