Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Data Standards 2014 - Cannot bind to a Custom iProperty from file.xaml

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
502 Views, 1 Reply

Vault Data Standards 2014 - Cannot bind to a Custom iProperty from file.xaml

Hi All,

Hope you can help.  I am looking at implementing Design Standards 2014 and I have hit a stumbling block.  I wish to have a number of cascading Drop Lists to allow the selection of product types and sizes.

I have been successful in editing the Inventor (Inventor.xaml) and Data Sheet (Datasheet.xaml) cards to behave how I would like them.  However I have an issue with the new standard card (file.xaml).

I have added a couple of additional rows to force the user to set two custom properties within the inventor file when a template is used to create a file within Vault.  Whilst I can successfully select values from the drop lists the selected values are not saved within the custom properties of the created file.  Whereas Standard iProps are.

To simplify the process rather than use a drop list I have replaced that with a text box. It still doesn’t work.

My text box version of the code is:

<Label Content="Product Type" Grid.Row="8" Grid.Column="0" />

<TextBox Text="{Binding Prop[ProductType].Value}" Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="8"/>

<Label Content="Product Type Sec." Grid.Row="10" Grid.Column="0" />

<TextBox Text="{Binding Prop[ProductTypeSecondary].Value}" Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="10"/>

File.xaml is attached.

Both custom iProperties (ProductType & ProductTypeSecondary) exist within the source template file and are mapped to equivalent Vault properties.

Can the file.xaml be customised to add inputs for custom properties?  If so what am I missing with property mapping?

When editing the Inventor.xaml I edit the Inventor.cfg file to add these additional properties. As there is not an equivalent file for the file.xaml is there another way of configuring the list of available properties?

I am running my server in a virtual environment and I do appreciate that sometimes running the Vault server in this way causes a problem with custom property links however, as the other functions that update the value of a custom property work I am not sure this is the cause of my problem.

Thanks for you assistance on this matter.

Simon

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
marco.mirandola
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Simon, you are correct. For the CAD dialogs (Inventor and AutoCAD) there is a .cfg file for the simple reason that the properties might be called somehow and not necessarely all iProperties might be finally mapped to Vault. So, the .cfg gives you a degree of freedom to configure as many fields you need in your dialog.

For the Vault side, there is no .cfg. So, only the properties configured in Vault, and pay attaention, mapped to the according category will be accessible within Data Standard.

I just tried your XAML on my machine and created a new UDP called ProductType, and assigned it to the File object and according categories. It works here.

I would expect that it would also work as a combo box.

would you share you Vault configuration file as well, so that i have a look to the properties you have configured?

thanks!

ciao

marco

coolOrange
www.coolorange.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report