Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault DTU logon question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Neil_Cross
599 Views, 2 Replies

Vault DTU logon question

I've used the DTU a number of times previously with great success, but now I'm experiencing this trying to EXPORT:

Logon Failure: Unknown user name or bad password

The ADMS administrator password is definitely correct in the command line, and the sa password is the default ***@26200 one.  

Does the user currently logged into the server, does that Windows user account need to be given connect SQL or administrator permissions against the database in the AUTODESKVAULT instance?

I'm remotely connecting to a server using my domain logon, but I wouldn't have been given administrator rights within SQL as I wasn't with the company back when the Vault was installed.

Any help greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Neil_Cross

I might/hopefully figure this out soon, but I'm exporting to a network share.  If I change it to a local path, the DTU works.  So it isn't related to SQL logins.

My share has everyone full control so I think I have that covered, but I'm not sure which account the DTU is using to authenticate against the share.  

Message 3 of 3
Neil_Cross
in reply to: Neil_Cross

FYI anyone who comes across this in the future.

Problem was solved by creating a dummy account 'AutodeskVault' on the machine hosting the network share, and granting that account full control in the share.  Thanks to Pim@CADAC for helping out with this one.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report