Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating the BOMOrder ItemAssoc Property Value In Vault Pro 2015

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
CPatr1ck
380 Views, 0 Replies

Updating the BOMOrder ItemAssoc Property Value In Vault Pro 2015

After migrating from Vault Pro 2014 to Vault Pro 2015, we're experiencing duplicate "Row Order" (ItemAssoc.BOMOrder) values within an Item's bill of materials.  Because this value is used to compare a Vault Item bill of materials against an ERP system's bill of materials, we require the values to be unique.  Although it's easy for individuals to edit the "Row Order" values using the Vault client, I've been asked to mitigate any potential issues by modifying any duplicate "Row Order" values found within the code of an existing Vault Extension.

I've found the "ItemEditor" code examples within the Vault 2015 SDK, and this post: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-Customization/UpdateItemBOMAssociationProperties/m-p/3472474/hig... which describes how to add a new property to an Item BOM Association, but I have not been able to piece things together in order to modify and commit the value of an existing ItemAssoc property.

I've been trying to accomplish the modification of an ItemAssoc property using the UpdateItemBOMAssociations function, but this function returns an ItemBOM object.  I don't know how to update/replace the current ItemBOM with the updated ItemBOM.

I've also tried to use the methods found in the above listed forum thread, but cannot fiqure out how to modify and commit an existing ItemAssoc property, using the AssocPropItem class.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, CPatr1ck!

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report