Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Send Link

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
amitnkukanur
449 Views, 4 Replies

Send Link

Hi,

I am doing Vault Professional Customization with C# as Development language.

Coming to problem : in Vault, File-Send-SendLink will send the link of the file to users via mail client.

Can we achive this on lifecycle state change event??

I am trying to figure out a way to find this, but did not succeed. Is it possible to do so and with which event. Preferably lifecycle state change event.

rgds

Amit

Senior Software Engineer
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Balaji_07
in reply to: amitnkukanur

Hi Amit,

Yes you can make use lifecycle state change event and Job Processor API to attain your functionality.

1. Write a JobProcessor API to generate a link for the vault file using file Master Id and mail that to respective user's email using SMTP (Have settings to configure SMTP values)

2. During File Lifecycle state change event, Add the above job to the Job Processor by passing file master id and user Id as arguments.

Make sure you have enabled Job Server and your custom job has been added to the Job Processor.

Regards,

Balaji A

Message 3 of 5
amitnkukanur

Hi Balaji,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion, i will work on this.

rgds

Amit

Senior Software Engineer
Message 4 of 5
amitnkukanur

Hi Balaji,

Do you have any sample code or references.

rgds
Amit
Senior Software Engineer
Message 5 of 5
Balaji_07

Hi Amit,

I don't have the entire code but can give you some reference/hints

1. For JobProcessor API refer to the sample in sdk

2. For SMTP mail functionality refer this link http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.php?413155-Send-email-thru-ASP-NET-with-SMTP-Auth

3. To Add jobs during Life cycle state change event, use can use either

i.  Life cycle state sample but you cannot pass your own parameters as argurments to jobs using this method.

ii. If you want to pass custom parameters, use web service extension API post method and add parameters to jobs as given in JobProcessorApiSamples.

Regards,

Balaji A

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report