Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relationship between .ipt and .drw files in Vault 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tadakeg
370 Views, 2 Replies

Relationship between .ipt and .drw files in Vault 2014

Hi, 

I am working on Vault 2014.

Is there any relationship between part (.ipt) and drawing (.idw) files in Vault 2014 ?

How the hierarchy is maintained between part, assembly  and drawing files in Vault 2014 ?

Regards,

Gauri.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
PaulMunford
in reply to: tadakeg

Yes - Vault understands all inventor file relationships. Click on the 'uses' and 'where used' tabs in the view pane to explore these.

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 3
tadakeg
in reply to: PaulMunford

Hi, 

We are trying to change the properties of any ipt(Part) or idw(Drawing) file in Vault.

We are doing following steps :

1. Check out the file which we want to modify. 

Code to chekout file :-  

VDF.Vault.Settings.AcquireFilesSettings settings ;

VDF.Vault.Currency.Connections.Connection Conn ;

settings.AddFileToAcquire(selectedFile, VDF.Vault.Settings.AcquireFilesSettings.AcquisitionOption.Checkout);

VDF.Vault.Results.AcquireFilesResults result = Conn.FileManager.AcquireFiles(settings);

We get the checked out file from result. We are using checked out file to modify the attributes .(Please suggest, Is our **** ?)

2. Modify the attribute value and Update the value of any property of file.

API to updating file 

Service1.ServiceManager.DocumentService.UpdateFileProperties(new long[] { checkedOutFiles.FirstOrDefault().File.EntityMasterId },

new long[] { attribute.Id }, new object[] { "xyz"});

3. Chekin that file.

File checkedinFile = Service1.ServiceManager.DocumentService.CheckinUploadedFile(checkedOutFiles.FirstOrDefault().File.EntityMasterId, "Changed Property value", false, System.DateTime.Now, null, null, false, null, FileClassification.None, false, null);

Now , problem statement is :- 

We are doing all the following scenarios through code.

1. When we are checkin the checked out file, "ID" of that file is getting changed. Also if we chekcin the associated file (if any idw file is associated with part file) id of that file is also changing.

2. Prior to chekin the file, we are able to see the relation between part and drawing file. But after checkin part and drawing file, relation between both files does not exist anymore.

If I serach for association of chekin Part file, I am not getting its associated files. 

3. If we checkin only Part file not the associated drawing file, in that case we are getting its association properly.

Refer attached image named "Association.png" which shows relation between part and drawing file. 

Please let me know if anyone has faceed such kind of issue. OR Correct us if we are following wrong steps ?

Regards,

tadakeg.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report