Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read txt File During Vault Start Up

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
meck
376 Views, 3 Replies

Read txt File During Vault Start Up

I am creating a word document whenever a change order changes status to review. So I’ve created a DLL. In the DLL I have a form where the user can set some default parameters for the document that I will create. I save that information out to a .txt file. I am OK with everything so far. My problem is I need to read from the text file whenever Vault is started to get the users set parameters. I tried reading the file during this sub.

Public Sub OnLoad() Implements Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServices.IWebServiceExtension.OnLoad

Apparently this doesn’t fire during Vault loading because nothing happens?

Is there another way to read the txt file during Vault’s start up?

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Daniel.Du
in reply to: meck

Do you mean "Vault Explorer" starts up? If yes, have you ever tried to implement IExplorerExtension ? public void OnStartup(IApplication application) { } You can try the vault plugin wizard to create the project more easily. http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2014/01/autodesk-vault-plug-in-wizard-helps-creating-vau...

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
Balaji_07
in reply to: meck

Hi Mech,

Use VaultClient Extension instead of using WebService Extension.

Implement "IExtension" Interface and use "OnStartup" to attain your functionality during Vault Client start up and use "OnLogOn" to attain your functionality when the user in Logging In to Vault Client

Thanks,

Balaji A

Message 4 of 4
meck
in reply to: Balaji_07

Thank a lot guys! Thank just what I needed!
Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report