Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible for ECO

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
wesbird
772 Views, 1 Reply

Is possible for ECO

Hi, 

I post the same title question at Vault General, now follow the advice I move the programming here: 

I'm just learning the ECO, Engineering Change Order. I have 2 questions:

1. routing:

1.3 Can routing assigned automatically according to a UDP of ECO? e.g. 

if my UDP name is Client, 

Client = "A", then Responsible Engineer = Person AA, Change Requestor = Person AB, Reviewer = Person AC

Client = "B", then Responsible Engineer = Person BA, Change Requestor = Person BB, Reviewer = Person BC

2. is it possible to custom routing diagram? e.g. remove state of "Review", add state of "Request Further Information", ... etc 

If it's not possible out of box, then how about programming? 

Thank you so much for your time. 

Cheers, 

Wes

Windows 10 64 bit, AutoCAD (ACA, Map) 2023
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
wayne.brill
in reply to: wesbird

Hello Wes,

You could use an event that will notify you when a UDP of a Change Order is changed. I did a quick test with this SDK sample:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\Autodesk Vault 2014 SDK\VS10\CSharp\RestrictOperations

I did not try using the API to change the routing but I believe it can be done. I would try doing this in the Post event of ChangeOrderService.EditChangeOrderEvents. You would need to use a flag to avoid an endless loop. 

This blog post has an example of using the API to create a Change Order. (the code to update the routing would be simiar - use UpdateChangeOrderRoutingMembers).

http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/blog/2011/03/change-order-sample-code.html

Other ways to update the routing would be to use a command in Vault Explorer or use the Job Processor. (Instead of using an event) You can see the functions Vault Explorer is using with a tool like Fiddler:

http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/blog/2012/03/fiddling-with-the-vault-api.html

Here is another blog post related to Change Orders. (Vault 2013)

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/manufacturing/2012/08/vault-changeorderservice-c-example.html

I asked a colleague about the Change Order diagram. Here is an excerpt of their reply:

You can add a new tab so you could provide a custom tab to show whatever image you want. However, you can’t alter the behavior of the out-of-the-box Status tab. The out-of-the-box change order workflows provided by the server can be configured via the API in the same ways
as it can be configured via the Administrator UI. The behavior of states, transitions and actions that is provided by the server cannot be altered beyond that.  Routings can be modified per the rules defined by those same behaviors. They are described in the vault-wiki. Search for “change
order routing”.

Thanks,

Wayne  

Wayne Brill
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report