Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move Files in Vault...

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
m.becher
1668 Views, 3 Replies

How to move Files in Vault...

Hi to all,

i'am not sure whats the right way to move Files in Vault from one Folder to another.I use the Methode MoveFile, that works fine but the reference to an Assembly is lost. How can i do it right?

For example i move Part a.ipt form Folder A to Folder B. The a.ipt is used in the assembly  x.iam. After moving the part, inventor can't find a.ipt when check out and open.

Thanks for your help

Michael

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Redmond.D
in reply to: m.becher

In Vault 2011 and earlier, if you move a part, you are expected to also check out any assemblies that reference the part, update the assemblies using the CAD API and check them all back in.  It's a lot of work.

In Vault 2012 you don't have to worry about it for AutoCAD, Inventor and Revit files.  If you move a file, Vault 2012 will fix up the references on download.  Here is an article with more information.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
m.becher

Thanks Doug for your Tip and the good article.

By the way i have another small question:

Is it possible to set the IsLib Property from a folder with the API or is it under the system control only?

Michael

Message 4 of 4
Redmond.D

I'm not aware of any way to change a library folder into a regular folder or vice versa.  Once the folder is created, the isLib value cannot be changed.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report