Contributor
dlconsulting
Message 1 of 2 (406 Views)

Getting Soap Exceptions when trying to access UDPs

406 Views, 1 Replies
09-06-2011 07:00 PM

When executing the following code

PropertyService propSvc = new PropertyService();
           PropDefInfo[] propDefs = propSvc.GetPropertyDefinitionInfosByEntityClassId("FILE", null);              // SOAP 106 Error!
           PropInst[] fileProperties = propSvc.GetPropertiesByEntityIds("FILE", new long[] { selectedFile.Id }); // SOAP 0 Error!

I'm getting a "SoapException was unhandled by user code" error.

For the 2nd line shown the error is "System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: 106" and for the 3rd line shown the error is "System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: 0".

My guess is that I'm not properly instantiating propSvc, but cannot find a clean example of this anywhere.  Any suggestions appreciated!

Dan

Employee
Redmond.D
Message 2 of 2 (397 Views)

Re: Getting Soap Exceptions when trying to access UDPs

09-07-2011 04:33 AM in reply to: dlconsulting

The easiest way to set up your service is to use the WebServiceManager in Autodesk.Connectivity.WebServiceTools.

Vault Web View has an example of reading property values.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community