Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format of IP Addressed stored in AVFS Log in Vault 2014

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Balaji_07
668 Views, 6 Replies

Format of IP Addressed stored in AVFS Log in Vault 2014

Hi,

11-09-2013 16:35:08 Acquired license(285292255248) for username(Balaji A), userId(5), host(fe80::9ca4:b8d9:d55a:c59d%14)

This is the log written in my AVFS log. What is the format of IP Address? (Highlighted in Bold above)

Is there any way to convert it to dotted Quad format like 192.233.288.25?

Thanks,

Balaji A

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
minkd
in reply to: Balaji_07

That is what an IPv6 address looks like.  It means your client is using IPv6 to communicate with the server instead of IPv4.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Balaji_07

If you want, you can disable IPv6 by following examples on this KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929852

This will ensure your more typical IPv4 address that you expect. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 7
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: TravisNave

in AVFS-log I see lines like:

19.09.2013 9:09:43 Acquired license(477347808) for username(Administrator), userId(1), host(::1).

"Administrator" is me and of course I know IP of the client but ... I wonder if there is something wrong with my configuration?

Before moving to 2014 client's IP was clearly shown in the vlog.

Is it possible to determine IP of a 2014license consuming client without log?

Message 5 of 7

just noticed ... It shows IP of clients using 2014 software ok while IP of 2013 client is shown as "::1"

Message 6 of 7
TravisNave
in reply to: Maxim-CADman77

The IPv4 equivelent of the IPv6 ::1 is simply localhost 127.0.0.1.  The ::1 just means that it is your machine. 

I am not a big fan of this, as it typically causes connectivity and/or licensing issues in mixed configurations.  Thus I posted my IPv6 fix (in my signature) to rectify this. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 7
Maxim-CADman77
in reply to: TravisNave

Not sure I understand you right,

You mean that "::1" in log equals to "Client is running on the ADMS-computer"?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report