Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Checkout issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
amitnkukanur
383 Views, 1 Reply

File Checkout issue

Hello,

I am currently using Vault Professional 2013 and Customizing using C#. This part deals with File Checkout. Currently am using this part of code to checkout file

mgr.DocumentService.CheckoutFile(fldr.Id, file.Id, CheckoutFileOptions.Master, Environment.MachineName, localPath, "check-out", DownloadOptions.Download, true, out byteArray);

This above piece of code works perfectly and when i open Vault it displays File Checked out successfully.

Problem: Though Vault shows the file checked out, but the problem is am unable to find the file which i checked out.

I gave the file location in D:\Temp, the file is not present in this directory when the above code is executed. But Vault displays file checked out.

Can some one suggest me a way to solve this

Senior Software Engineer
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Redmond.D
in reply to: amitnkukanur

DocumentService.CheckoutFile tells the server that the file is now reserved by you.  The function does not put the file on your local hard drive.

If you specify "Download" for the downloadFile parameter, the fileContents will come back with the file bytes.  It's then up to you to save those bytes to disk if you want.

The localPath parameter is a bit confusing.  It's just meta data for the client.  It's only purpose is so that when the client checks in the file, it can verify that it's checking in the same file that was checked out.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report