Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating folder

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
amitnkukanur
911 Views, 5 Replies

Error while creating folder

Hello,

I am doing a customization for Vault Professional 2014 and C# as my development language.

I am trying to create folders and its working perfectly for most of users created. However for one particular user i am getting error as 3100. 

I checked this error in API Documentation and found error as BadLifecycleDefinitionID, Can some one please suggest me a way to resolve this issue

rgds

Amit

Senior Software Engineer
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
minkd
in reply to: amitnkukanur

Which AddFolder method are you using?

There is the AddFolder in the DocumentService, and there is the AddFolderWithCategory in the DocumentServiceExtensions.

If it's the former, look at the default category for folders to see if it has a lifecycle.

If it's the latter, take a look at the definition whose ID is being passed.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 6
amitnkukanur

Hi Dave,

Thanks for Reply. Currently i am using  "AddFolder in the DocumentService" to add folders.

Like you said to have a look to "default category for folders to see if it has a lifecycle". I will surely work on it and check if any lifecycle is there.

rgds

Amit

Senior Software Engineer
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Did this work? I just get a soap 303 error

Message 5 of 6
amitnkukanur

Hi Mark,

Yes, it worked in my case as i changed the folder category. Try with different categories.

Can you elaborate on error.

rgds

Amit

Senior Software Engineer
Message 6 of 6
Balaji_07

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report