Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Data Card from API

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Nicolas.Constant
434 Views, 2 Replies

Display Data Card from API

Good Afternoon,

I'm working on Autodesk Vault API, and I'd like to know if it was possible to display a Data Card (as they are available since 2011) in a stand alone way via the API (pop-up for example).

I guess not, from the fact that the API is server sided, but I would like to have a confirmation that this feature isn't available and that isn't any existing workaround.

Thanks for your help,

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

There is no single API function to pop-up a data card.  However some of the functionality of data cards can be done.

Getting the properties on a file can be done through the API.

Creating a report is not directly supported.  However the underlying technology are these client-side report files (RDLC) from Microsoft.  So you could, in theory, launch the report yourself.

Setting the color on CAD parts to match the data card is not direclty supported.  But again, you can program it in yourself if you have the time and the CAD API supports it.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3

Thanks for your answer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report