Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Directory display upon open

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mies07
268 Views, 1 Reply

Default Directory display upon open

I am trying to find out if it is possible to control the initial folder tree structure displayed upon Vault launch. We have installed the Vault 2013 Basic client on several machines for users who are non-cad, non-technical. By default the directory tree is completely collapsed. I would lik  e to set it so it is expanded to show our projects folder so these users do not have to navigate to it manually.

This may sound silly, but since folder selection and expansion is ever so slightly different than Windows Explorer it seems to throw people.

I was thinking something like adding a switch to the launch icon target on the Windows desktop, similar to the way you can force initial load of an Autocad profile:

Target: "D:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\acad.exe"

Target wit h profile switch: "D:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\acad.exe" /p "Mike_Acad_2013"

Any suggestions? (or what is the switch req'd to accomplish this instead of /p ?)

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Redmond.D
in reply to: mies07

I don't think there is a way to navigate to a folder on launch.  The best workaround I can think of is for users to create shortcuts to locations they use a lot.  That way that can navigate to those folders in one click.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report