Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL Configuration Setup Question

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
meck
497 Views, 3 Replies

DLL Configuration Setup Question

In the configuration file of a DLL, is it possible to have 2 different extension types at the same time? I'd like to be able to create menu items and also trigger from change order events. To create the menu I need <extensionType>VaultClient</extensionType> and to hook into the change order events I need <extensionType>WebService</extensionType>.

Can I do both at the same time or do I have to breakout each functionality into 2 different DLLs?

Thanks in advance.

Mike Eck
Master Drafter/ CAD Programmer
Using Inventor 2018
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Daniel.Du
in reply to: meck

I would recommend to separate them.

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
Balaji_07
in reply to: Daniel.Du

Hi Daniel
Is there any specific reason in having separate config files.

Thanks,
Balaji A
Message 4 of 4
Daniel.Du
in reply to: meck

I thought it is safe to seperate them, but after checking with engineering team, actually it is possible to combine them together, you can have multipul <extension> tag in vcet.config file, as demoed in JobProcessorApiSamples of SDK, the vcet.config is as below: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>
<connectivity.ExtensionSettings3>
<extension
interface="Autodesk.Connectivity.Explorer.Extensibility.IExplorerExtension, Autodesk.Connectivity.Explorer.Extensibility, Version=18.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa20f34aedd220e1"
type="JobProcessorApiSamples.QueuePublishJobCommandExtension, JobProcessorApiSamples">
</extension>
<extension
interface="Autodesk.Connectivity.JobProcessor.Extensibility.IJobHandler, Autodesk.Connectivity.JobProcessor.Extensibility, Version=18.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa20f34aedd220e1"
type="JobProcessorApiSamples.FolderPublishJobHandler, JobProcessorApiSamples">
<setting key="JobType1" value="MyCompany.File.Publish"/>
</extension>
</connectivity.ExtensionSettings3>
</configuration>

Daniel Du
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report