Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customization Vault Reports

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
365 Views, 1 Reply

Customization Vault Reports

I have troubles with the customization of Vault-Reports.

I want to show a simple report with filename and username.

The username (e.g. ATLNZ00123) should be replaced with the firstname + lastname from the user.

Is this possible? Is there a way to manipulate the report-dataset before it is shown? (events?)

Or can I get the connection in the report which I could use to get the data in code-behind?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Marat.Mirgaleev
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

I asked for help with your question from the Vault development team and this is what I've got from them:

-------

You could register a handler for Explorer command events and that way you could detect when a report command is executing with the hope of manipulating the data returned by the web service calls that retrieve file properties during this command. Information on working with both types of events can be found here (under the “Event Combo” heading): http://justonesandzeros.typepad.com/blog/2011/09/vault-explorer-command-events.html. However, I wouldn’t suggest this route. Spoofing the return values of the properties retrieved during the report command is pretty advanced use of the Vault SDK and it’s easy to accidentally cause unintentional consequences such as messing with some of the caches used by Vault Explorer, accidentally interfering with other Explorer commands, etc. and it just seems a little messy/risky. Also, in order to get the first and last names of users from their usernames found in various file properties, you’ll need the AdminUserRead permission which most users won’t have.

--------

Marat Mirgaleev
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report