Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create new Item, Vault 2015

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
desidubajic
1159 Views, 3 Replies

Create new Item, Vault 2015

Code that worked in Vault Professional 2014, no longer works with 2015.

Neither the "ItemEditor" solution in the SDK or the example in the help file works.

The ItemEditor produces an error 1306. The help file sample actually accesses a method (which I used in my 2014 code) that doesn't even exist.

Both examples do the following.

Item item = ItemService.AddItemRevision(catID);

item.Title = "test item";

item.Detail = test item";

Here is where they differ.

ItemEditor: ItemService.UpdateAndCommitItems(new Item[] { item }); // Produces error 1306

SDK Help example: ItemService.UpdateAndCommitItem(item, 0, false, null, null, null, null, null, null, 0);

The second method is the one I used previously, but it does not actually exist. So someone obviously missed this change and never updated the help.

So .. what now? My user is an Administrator so there should be no issues with restrictions.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
minkd
in reply to: desidubajic

Take a look in the server vlog. It should include a stack trace and an inner exception which may help determine the root cause of the problem.

-Dave

Dave Mink
Fusion Lifecycle
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
desidubajic
in reply to: minkd

Thanks Dave. I checked the logs, and it appears that the issue is my numbering scheme. Although this is a brand new "empy" database, I had set the default numbering scheme for items to "mapped". I confirmed this was the issue by changing the default to sequential and managed to create items without error.

Below is the code I was using "up till now" that worked.

item = WSM.ItemService.AddItemRevision(catId);

ItemNum number = WSM.ItemService.AddItemNumber(item.MasterId, GetNumSchm("Mapped"), new string[] { itemNumber });

// set the data

item.ItemNum = number.ItemNum1;

item.Title = title;

item.Detail = description;

item.UnitId = unitId;

item.Units = units;

// commit the item, which finalizes the object

WSM.ItemService.UpdateAndCommitItems(new Item[] { item });

Unfortunately ..AddItemNumber.. is now ..AddItemNumbers.. and the syntax has changed which is confusing me.

I'm not sure how to create a StringArray, let alone an array of StringArrays to fulfill the paramaters required by this new method.

ProductRestric[] restrictions;

ItemNum[] numbers = WSM.ItemService.AddItemNumbers(new long[] { item.MasterId }, new long[] { GetNumSchm("Mapped") },

.. At this point I would have added a new String containing the desired item number ..

I tried a string array new string[] { itemNumber } but that isn't a StringArray

A StringArray has items, but there appears to be no way to "Add" items, or define the scope of the Array ...

An example of how this method is implimented would be of great value.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
desidubajic
in reply to: desidubajic

Use the button ... the search button that is. I found a post where someone had a different issue, but provided code that showed how the StringArray was properly formatted. Items are now created without error.

Item item = itemSvc.AddItemRevision(CategoryId);

StringArray[] fieldInputs = new StringArray[1];

StringArray sarray = new StringArray();

sarray.Items = new string[] { itemNumber };

fieldInputs[0] = sarray;

ProductRestric[] restrictions;

ItemNum[] itemNum = itemSvc.AddItemNumbers(new long[] { item.MasterId }, new long[] { SchemeId}, fieldInputs, out restrictions);

item.ItemNum = itemNum[0].ItemNum1;

item.Title = title;

itemSvc.UpdateAndCommitItems(new Item[] { item });

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report