Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine the values of multiple UDP's to populate the value of another UDP

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
shobbs23
373 Views, 1 Reply

Combine the values of multiple UDP's to populate the value of another UDP

I am wondering if I can map a UDP of "Title" to three other properties that I curretly have mapped to the title attributes of my autocad drawing sheet? To clarify: The three seperate properties in the title sheet are Title Line 1, Title Line 2 & Title Line 3. I had to split the three drawing title attributes because AutoCAD Electrical doesn't support multiline attributes. The current mapping works fine but for display purposes I would like to have these combined to give an easy to read title in Vault. It would be great if I can map a UDP to display the combined values of these three UDP's in order. Is this possible?

Or maybe there is a way in CAD to assign the values entered for the title descriptions to another attribute value ie: "Title Combined"="Title Line 1"+"Title Line 2"+"Title Line 3". I had a go at this route using the fields within an attribute but without any success.

As it stands now I have a nice clean title line for any legacy files that we brought into Vault because I mapped this to a custom property from an existing database but any new drawings checked into Vault are reading the title description from the attributes in the title sheet and are displayed with three different lines for the title. Not an ideal situation! I have attached a screenshot of the Vault setup, Notice the NP Legacy Title property in one line and the othe three off to the side. Ideally I would like another property that would display whichever title is present, New or Legacy. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Stephen Hobbs

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
HUSELALU
in reply to: shobbs23

I wonder the same 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report