Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Plot API

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kklacis
606 Views, 5 Replies

Batch Plot API

Hello!

I am looking for a way to engage Vault Explorers Batch plot window from my code and pass to it a list of VDF FileIterations to plot. I am looking for this because I need to plot drawings in a specific order I get from another source.

Tanks in advance!

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Redmond.D
in reply to: kklacis

Sorry, but you can't invoke commands from the API, and there are no Vault API functions related to plotting.

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
kklacis
in reply to: Redmond.D

Then I guess I am stuck with reversing the BatchPlot XML file format and reconstucting it with API and other data. Any advice on how to go about that?

Message 4 of 6
nstone2

any luck with this? I would also like to create a custom XML file.

I believe that i can access most of the properties needed, except for one. I don't know were to get access to the Identifier tag for each sheet.

Does anyone know where I can find the hash code?

I seems similar to the internal name of the file, but they don't match.

I have attached a image with the section of the XML file.

Message 5 of 6
kklacis
in reply to: nstone2

I found that it does't care about the identifier that much, it could be aything You wish as long it's unique.

Have You found a way to get the page setup from the API, cause I could't and I have settled on creating and mainaining a dictionary of masterIds and appropriete page setups.

Message 6 of 6
kklacis

I thought I had it, but I didn't. I recreated the <pages> section of the xml and lefe the <plotSources> section blank (could not recreate it), and it seemed to work, however Vault stubornly is selecting the latest versions of the files in the <pages> section, which is unacceptable in my case. Adding <plotSources> resolves this, but I still cant create it programmatically, there is one missing piece of information - the objectUri.

Can anyone tell me how to get this objectUri?

Thanks in advance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report