Community
Vault Customization
Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault API, Data Standard, and VBA topics related to programming, creating add-ins, or working with the Vault API.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AddJob Parameters

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rjay75
1170 Views, 3 Replies

AddJob Parameters

This may seem like a basic question but I can't seem to find the answer. I'm trying to simply submit a job to the job queue to create dwfs of some newly checked in files.

I know the job type, 'autodesk.vault.dwf.create.dwg', but I don't know the parameters. Is there a list of what parameters are required for each of the built in jobs?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Redmond.D
in reply to: rjay75

Queuing up the out-of-the-box job types is not something that's part of the supported API.  Therefore, it's not documented. You will have to do a bit of reverse engineering to find the parameters. 

Doug Redmond
Software Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
rjay75
in reply to: Redmond.D

Message 4 of 4
Nhall123
in reply to: rjay75

Rodney With 2013 & 2014 I have used this code: JobParam param = new JobParam(); param.Name = "FileVersionId"; param.Val = verFile.Id.ToString(); try { jobSvc.AddJob("Autodesk.Vault.DWF.Create.idw", "DWF Create: " + verFile.Name, new JobParam[] { param }, priority); // for DWG jobSvc.AddJob("Autodesk.Vault.DWF.Create.dwg", "DWF Create: " + verFile.Name, new JobParam[] { param }, priority); Console.WriteLine(" Added DWF Create Job for " + verFile.Name); } catch (Exception ex) { Console.WriteLine(" Error adding DWF Create Job for " + verFile.Name); Console.WriteLine(" Error: " + ex.ToString()); } Obviously, as Doug says, this is unsupported & may not work in the future Nick

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report