Community
VRED Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s VRED Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular VRED topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clones and variants

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
florian.dyck
628 Views, 4 Replies

Clones and variants

Hi,

I have another question for the forum, I have created a switch containing some variants of wheels and rims. Then I cloned the switch to position it on the other three places on the car. Now I am experiencing some problems because sometimes all switches work correctly, but sometimes only one rim is switching sometimes none if I use the variants and variant sets that I created to switch through all wheels. Is it a naming problem? I was expecting all clones to behave like they original they are derived from. I am a bit confused working on a tight time schedule and now having trouble getting together the presentation in a good quality.

Does anybody have similar problems? Is it a large file problem (more than 1GB)? Unfortunately I cannot test it with a very simple file to understand if I am doing something wrong. Thanks for any comment.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
florian.dyck
in reply to: florian.dyck

By the way: the data I am using is coming from RTT DeltaGen/ CSB or Maya/ FBX if this helps.

Message 3 of 5
florian.dyck
in reply to: florian.dyck

Here is another strange behaviour: when I clone an object I cannot translate or rotate objcts inside the clone. Only after saving and restarting VRED it is working.

Message 4 of 5

Hi Florian,

which version are you using? We have worked on the whole Clone Concept for 2015 SR1. Maybe you should try this version.

Hope that helps

-Alex

Message 5 of 5

thanks, will try. I am using VRED Pro 2014 SR1 SP5

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report