AutoCAD Utility Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Utility Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Utility Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Polyline length - auto fill table - HELP

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cessares
774 Views, 1 Reply

Polyline length - auto fill table - HELP

HI.
I use few poly-lines in my .dwg, is there any option to make table with measurements of poly-lines i.e.. between
A1 - A2 - auto fill length
A2 - A3 - auto fill length
etc.
So when I have to change polyline it will change it's length automatically in table.
Will appreciate...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dave.w
in reply to: cessares

What you describe could be potentially addressed a couple of different ways, depending on exactly how you want the information stored, reported, displayed, etc.

1. Generate material list items for the lines. The lines will need to be actual AUD design features (eg. ducts, conductors, etc.). Use the rule editor to author material rules that generate corresponding items. The quantity or other custom material item attributes can then be populated with the length of the lines. The table will be displayed in the material list editor.

Once material list items are generated you can then insert a TABLE into the drawing, export to csv, or define further reporting layouts using the Report Editor.

2. The Report Editor can be used to generate tabular reports based on any tables in the embedded industry model database, which will include the length values for all linear design features. You will need to refer to the documentation for more information on authoring custom reports.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Utility Design Category!

The Utility Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.