Utility Design General Discussion

TimDougherty
Message 1 of 2 (143 Views)

Pole Heights in RUS

143 Views, 1 Replies
03-25-2014 02:28 PM

Is there a way to control the default pole heights in the RUS template?

My company sets poles at 1/10 height + 2' deep. When I place poles in AUD, it is setting pole heights based on some other rule or calculation (minimum clearance for line sag, or something)

I have not been able to find a way to override this. Is there a setting I am overlooking? Or is there a way to create a rule to set pole heights?

Active Contributor
jpab
Message 2 of 2 (131 Views)

Re: Pole Heights in RUS

03-28-2014 12:17 PM in reply to: TimDougherty

Hello Tim,

if you look at Poles in Industry Model you will see two fields for each Pole labeled "Length" and "Max height Above Ground", this is where the

utility can set the depth the pole is buried. For Example the utility I work at buries a 40' class 4 pole in the ground 6', so Length would be 40' and Max height Above Ground would be 34' that way AUD knows that that Pole can only be used up to 34 feet.

Jim

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Utility Design Category!

The Utility Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community