AutoCAD Utility Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Utility Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Utility Design topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Pole Heights in RUS

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
TimDougherty
617 Views, 1 Reply

Pole Heights in RUS

Is there a way to control the default pole heights in the RUS template?

My company sets poles at 1/10 height + 2' deep. When I place poles in AUD, it is setting pole heights based on some other rule or calculation (minimum clearance for line sag, or something)

I have not been able to find a way to override this. Is there a setting I am overlooking? Or is there a way to create a rule to set pole heights?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jpab
in reply to: TimDougherty

Hello Tim,

if you look at Poles in Industry Model you will see two fields for each Pole labeled "Length" and "Max height Above Ground", this is where the

utility can set the depth the pole is buried. For Example the utility I work at buries a 40' class 4 pole in the ground 6', so Length would be 40' and Max height Above Ground would be 34' that way AUD knows that that Pole can only be used up to 34 feet.

Jim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

ā€Boost

ā€Tips

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Utility Design Category!

The Utility Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.