AutoCAD Utility Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Utility Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Utility Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pole Connection

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kulfi
690 Views, 1 Reply

Pole Connection

I am trying to connect the conductor to the pole but it is not connecting see the attached image.

thanks

Kulfi
Electronics Engineer

Pind Saudi Arabia

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mfernandes
in reply to: kulfi

I am not an electric engineer. But know a little about the software to be dangerous.

So lets see if I can answer your question..... so to just answer the question "Pole connection" (confused because your attached your image title is a different issue i.e. ducts underground"

anyway.

1. ensure your snaps are on, so when you are drawing a conductors the tool tip shows that you are connecting to a AUD model.

2.jpg 3.jpg

2. if they are not connected than you can connect them manually.

a. In the dasboard, feature Info tab

b. select the feature (in this case my conductor)

c. in the connected tab, below yo can see that my conductor is connected to the pole on the right because the blue connection icon

the pole on the left # 3681 is not connected (and  does not have a pole head....but I am a civil guy what do I know about elect, let alone spell it)

anyway click on the grey connect icon and once it connects it turns blue.

now your conductor is connector to the poles or correctly I am told, that the conductor should be connected to the pole head and the pole head should be connected to the pole.....that jack built.

4.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Utility Design Category!

The Utility Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.