AutoCAD Utility Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Utility Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Utility Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Data and RUS Imperial

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
donald.e.clark
843 Views, 3 Replies

Object Data and RUS Imperial

I am using the Place Pole command in AUD.  I want to define object data and use RUS Imperial, but maybe I shouldn't do both.  My goal is to set default pole height, class, and top.  When I use Place Pole, the height and class are fine for existing but I need a different class as a new pole default.  Possibly adding a conductor will generate pole tops.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jpab
in reply to: donald.e.clark

Hello Donald,

I believe with AUD2014 that the default pole inserted with the place pole command is controlled by the Overhead Panel. The default pole in the panel is controlled by the Pole Feature in the Industry Model (see field Priority). So you would manually have to change the pole you want inserted as well as the status in the Overhead Panel.

now having said that there are a couple of thing I think you can do if you don't want to do that all the time.

1. You could set up some poles in the Design Explorer with the height, class and status you want.

2. Create your own menu or tool palette options that the user could use to select default new and\or existing poles to insert.

As far as selecting the Crossarm or Pole Top I believe that anytime you add a wire to the pole one should be selected for you based on how you have the overhead engineering setup.

Jim

Message 3 of 4
recksieck
in reply to: donald.e.clark

Couple of things going on here - don't know if you've gotten it all figured out yet, but:

- Besides the Type, Height & Top, are there other attributes/things you really want to be tracking in Object Data?  You can add any kind of custom attribute to your Pole feature class and track different things there.  I'm slightly dubious that you truly need Object Data, but you might want to for some other reason, so I'm not sure but just mentioning the Feature Class attribute suggestion. 

Message 4 of 4
donald.e.clark
in reply to: recksieck

If I don't need to use Object Data, then I don't need to use Object Data.

Currently, I would be digitizing all poles regardless of status.

A couple of things I would like to accomplish are:  pole symbology connected the pole status and possibly indicating that I have RUS 40-4 poles with 5 feet cut off.  (35-4 poles may or may not be an issue in the future.)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Utility Design Category!

The Utility Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.