AutoCAD Utility Design Forum (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Utility Design Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Utility Design topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Labeling in AUD

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
heberpower
1974 Views, 4 Replies

Line Labeling in AUD

I am having a problem with the "Label Conductor" function: I mapped our entire system with AUD and as the file has gotten larger the time to label a line has gotten longer.

I am about 80% complete, but labeling a line takes more than a minute now. Any ideas on how to shorten this time would be appreciated. Sitting here looking at my screen for more than a minute for each line just doesn't seem right to me.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CornDawg
in reply to: heberpower

Hi,
This go back to AUD 06, but you can try changing your "Join labeled lines (Auto/Select/none)". Change it from Auto to Select. At the command prompt you will need to type "UDSSETCFG" (you may need the password). In the "Configuration" dialog box select "hardware, extracting, autocad and yes/no parameters". Then select "Join labeled lines" and change it to "S". now you will have to select each conduit for your cost. but now it will not search all the conduit.

I will attach my quick note.

I hope this help you

Corn
Message 3 of 5
heberpower

Hey thanks! It works perfectly now. How do you find all of the obscure commands?

Thanks again

Troy K.
Message 4 of 5
CornDawg

I'm the number two guy and the number one guy is PUSHING me up to number one and half. LOL

Grad I can help

Corn
Message 5 of 5
heberpower

Hey corn, any ideas an this one. UDSDWGSTAT results in this:

The scale of this drawing is 40 and model number 0.

Any idea on how to change to 40 to a 1?

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New Utility Design Category!

The Utility Design forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.