Community
Topobase (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Topobase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Topobase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topobase + MapGuide Enterprise

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bsheehy
3180 Views, 4 Replies

Topobase + MapGuide Enterprise

I was looking at using mapguide to server maps (stree and land maps with buil;dings etc..) tover the internet then I discovered that the Digitising and Editing of features\vectors using MapGuide wasnt great. Jorge suggested I use topobase for the editing etc.. and mapguide for the serving of the maps.

Are there many out  there using this setup? Does it work and whats the performance like? 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Shatohin
in reply to: bsheehy

I used TB+MG in some projects.

If your users dont need TB Web functionality its a reasonable way to publish map for navigation with MGE.

Alexander Shatohin

Message 3 of 5
bsheehy
in reply to: Shatohin

Alexander thanks for th ereply.

What do you mean if youre users dont need TB web functionality?

In our setup we would like to server maps over th einternet and have 2 types of users:

1. Public users who can only view maps, layers etc.. (this can be done out of the box with Autodesk MapGuide)

2. Private users who can view AND Edit\digitise maps - they will be allowed to add shapes and edit existing shapes on specific layer on a map.  MapGuide dosnt really offer me a good solution for editing polygons\shappes etc..

I'm thinking TB allows me to Edit\digitise maps as in the Private users functionality.

Am I correct here?

Message 4 of 5
Shatohin

Hi,

You are absolutely right.

Public users view map that published by MGE.

Private users edit attributes/geometry (that I meant as TB Web functionality) with TB Web.

Alexander

Message 5 of 5
deetersmith

My company has been using a combination of Topobase, TBWeb and Mapguide Enterprise for about three years with very positive results.  We are a gas utility so the service crews, line spotters, marketing, CRM etc use the Mapguide application for locating the information that they need.  TBWeb is used for outage/emergency information and by our survey crew to supply us with correction information as they find errors.  We also have Mapguide set to be able to create markups if they are necessary.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report