Topobase

Contributor
TomWilga3310
Message 1 of 1 (1,210 Views)

Inserting Linked Pictures into Reports

1210 Views, 0 Replies
01-12-2011 05:48 AM

Hey Everyone, I hope all is well and the New Year has gotten off to a great start!

My question deals with the Administrator (2011) and linking images to be displayed on the report.

Here's the scenario:

I've created a report already to display a bunch of features of a pole such as:

Pole ID - (shown as   # - # # # )

Height

Class

Condition

etc.

Each pole is labelled with a pole number and on our server, we store a picture of every single pole in our city which are all named accordingly ( # - ### . jpg).

I would like to 'attach' the picture of each pole to its pertaining report.

For instance, If I open Pole Report 1-234, I would like pole picture 1-234 to be automatically displayed in the report and so on and so forth.

As I said earlier, the pictures are all stored on another drive on our server, which is accessible by everyone. I'm having a bit of trouble trying to wrap my head around it, and I'm not sure I can use some type of code in the FILE LOCATION command bar.

Any help you guys can supply would be great!

Thanks again!!

Cheers

Tom Wilga, C.Tech

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community