Community
Topobase (Read Only)
Welcome to Autodesk’s Topobase Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Topobase topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can IMS 2012 access my existing Topobase 2009/Oracle 10g R2.0.5 database?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
meng.li
2333 Views, 1 Reply

Can IMS 2012 access my existing Topobase 2009/Oracle 10g R2.0.5 database?

Our existing Topobase database is still on a Topobase 2009 version with Oracle 10g R2.0.5, and another DB instance upgraded to Topobase 2011, my question is if I have Infrastructure Map Server 2012 installed, can it (Topobase Web 2012) access my Topobase 2009 or 2011 database? or the Topobase database has to be upgraded to the 2012 version?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Groszg
in reply to: meng.li

Hello meng.li,

It has to be upgraded to 2012, because TBWEB (actualy called Application Extension in the 2012 version) cannot connect to any other version of Topobase data, just like older versions couldn't.

Please correct me if i'm wrong about older versions, but i'm pretty sure i'm not 🙂

If you only want to view your "old" Topobase data however, not using the TBWeb functionality (forms on web, making new records, deleting/adding features, etc.), you can use an Oracle FDO connection, and that way you can display your data with AIMS 2012, no matter what Topobase version it has.

Best regards, groszg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report