Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame generator members don't change size after modifying skeleton part.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
amarciniakTF6LQ
511 Views, 6 Replies

Frame generator members don't change size after modifying skeleton part.

I've got a frame generated assembly that is formed on the edges of an extruded part. 

Whenever I make a modification to the extruded part that would change the length of the frame members, they don't change.

I've made sure to save the part and rebuild everything and the members stay the same length. I can even see the skeleton outline in the assembly and it has changed. 

Is there some step I'm missing to get these to update?

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

@amarciniakTF6LQ

I've never used frame generator under that condition..  Where you're using the edges of an extruded part.    Can you show an example of what you're doing?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 7
kgilham
in reply to: amarciniakTF6LQ

Is there a update pending in your Quick Access Toolbar?  

Kyle Gilham
Customer Advocacy Manager
Message 4 of 7

@Mark.Lancaster wrote:

@amarciniakTF6LQ

I've never used frame generator under that condition..  Where you're using the edges of an extruded part.    Can you show an example of what you're doing?

Here's a snapshot of how it looks. 

What's funny is that now it works. When I change the shape dimensions, I can update the assembly and the frame members change size.

Message 5 of 7
salariua
in reply to: amarciniakTF6LQ

Can you try the Rebuild All from the Manage tab, Update section ?

I seldom get that when copying design and the skeleton (referenced part) looses link with the frame assembly Smiley Surprised

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!
Message 6 of 7

I have never seen this situation, and maybe it is related to pending changes and need update it manually. Please record the video or attach the dataset when you see it in future.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com
Message 7 of 7

something similar happened to me, the error arose because I linked a parameter of my layer part to my main assembly, and this same parameter of my layer part linked it to my frame001, when I wanted to modify my skeleton it was not updated skeleton001 part. my solution was to remove the linked parameters folder from my main assembly and my layer part, then my skeleton001 was updated

Please accept as solution and give likes if applicable.

I am attaching my Upwork profile for specific queries.

Sergio Daniel Suarez
Mechanical Designer

| Upwork Profile | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report