Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can go wrong with this type of solution?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
DeerSpotter
194 Views, 1 Reply

What can go wrong with this type of solution?

I posted my own solution here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/ilogic-questions-wildcards-assy-folders-amp-pushing-par...

x = part,feature,assembly

Basically it allows for ilogic to do anything to any "x" by looking for a default parameter inside that "x". Only when it finds that default parameter then the code will continue to run, otherwise it will end and nothing changes.

I understand that to a certain degree that this is almost future proof, as standard designs like (baseplate, caps, lids, etc...) get copied and there names changed. If the standard parameter remains the same then it should be future proof? I wont have to update my code like a madman in the future because somebody changed a name of the part, or auto-desk updated something that broke the way inventor sees files, etc...

side note: using external rules because design-copy-as removes ilogic code from copied models.

Does anybody want to shoot holes in my code/theory?

Attached is my current backed up code in this message and also shown as a example in link above.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Yijiang.Cai
in reply to: DeerSpotter

I think I got your question here. As many iLogic automation functions are using parameter name/feature name/browser node name to make the function working. When we have the copy design with another project name or open the dataset in different localization version, it will make the rule not working as the these names can't be searched. Based on these conditions, I have two solutions here -

1. If we would like to drive and modify these things, please define them using the specific names, and we start to use them in the iLogic.There will not be a problem when the copy design or load dataset in different localization version.

2. Please predefine these in the excel sheet metal at first, and we get these names from excel sheet. And Ilogic provide the automation function to link excel. We just keep the position of these info in the excel consistent, and the value in the cell can't be modified.

You could have a try on these two solutions based on your multiple requirements, and hope it helpful for you.

Thanks,
River Cai

Inventor Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Email: River-Yijiang.Cai@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report