Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authoring Structural Shape (errors)

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
grazvydas
712 Views, 12 Replies

Authoring Structural Shape (errors)

Hello,

I have few questions related with Structural shape authoring. 

1. With Autodesk Inventor Pro 2017 I can't select custom notch profile when I'm trying to do Structural shape authoring.. I don't know why, but I can't select sketch. I tried with different PCs, tried with different shapes and so on, but it doesn't work. With 2016 AIP everything is OK. I attached samples, maybe you could try to do structural shape and publish it to the library (with custom notch profile)? 

2. On one of my colleagues' PC, we are getting "?" sign (question-mark (see attachment) ) when he  tries to publish/create any custom component to the his own library. If I've moved this lib to  my computer, everything works as it should, and I can publish anything what I want (we are working with 2017 Inventor and this library was created with 2017, so there is not a migration question).  any ideas?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: grazvydas

@grazvydas

For question #2..  Make sure the library on this user's machine is not set to read-only.  Although it may be a custom read/write library I've seen cases where the Inventor Project File has it listed as read-only.

For example the read/write library called "My Library" that is provided with the installation, sometimes I see it as read-only

10-27-2016 2-06-22 PM.jpg

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 13
Mark.Lancaster

@grazvydas

For question #1...  Seeing the same results but like you said its okay in Inventor 2016..  Smiley Sad  YOu may want to report this to Autodesk..

Update:  Just to confirm your findings..  I created my own shape and still unable to perform the notch operation in the structural shape authoring.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 13

Maybe one of the Autodesk Folks assisting in Autodesk Answer Day can elaborate on this issue for Inventor 2017.

Mark Lancaster

Message 5 of 13
grazvydas
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thank you, Mark, for the answers.

but:

1. I already did it 🙂 I reported it like a bug, but I didn't get any answer. even: "yes, this is a bug. we will fix it till 202x version of Inventor":)

2. Nope, there is clean read/write, everything is OK, if we are talking about read/write statuses and permissions. 

Message 6 of 13
johnsonshiue

Hi You mentioned that you reported it as a defect. Do you have the support case number or the defect number? I would like to take a look at the defect.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 13
grazvydas

Hi, John, I will try to find it tomorrow.
Message 8 of 13
earlesimers

I cannot select the "notch" profile as well.  Is there a fix to this??

Message 9 of 13

@earlesimers

What version of Inventor are you using?

If its 2017 have you upgraded to the latest service pack and updates?

Mark Lancaster

Message 10 of 13

Yes, it's the latest 2017.3

Message 11 of 13
jingyi.liu
in reply to: earlesimers

Hi 

It's a defect of Inventor 2017, which has been fixed on 2017.3. Could you double check and let me know if the issue is still existing?

Thanks,

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager
Tags (1)
Message 12 of 13
earlesimers
in reply to: jingyi.liu

@jingyi.liu  This is what I've got....

screen02032017-01.jpg

Message 13 of 13
jingyi.liu
in reply to: earlesimers

You're using the Inventor 2017 RTM (aka R1), the issue has been fixed on R3. Sorry, you need to install R3 to address the issue.

Regards,

Jingyi Liu

Inventor Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report