Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with hidden edges

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Walde.
208 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with hidden edges

Hei I have one litle problem. How do I save format in AutoCAD .dwg lest they have all lines. I just want to have contour lines.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MingweiGao
in reply to: Walde.

During you creating the drawing views, you need to set the Visual Style to Hidden Lines Removed, and then you can export it to AutoCAD DWG

Steven Gao

Sr. SQA Engineer

Message 3 of 3
salariua
in reply to: Walde.

2 ways you can do that...(hope i am not wrong about the second)

In the save as dialog click options and tick the customize dxf/dwg and then choose the browse button. Copy paste one of the existing and edit it with notepad or similar.

check this image

2016-10-27_20-07-45.png

You can add/remove layers on the fly there and keep just the contour and say text (like if you have a note with the part number, description, quantity, material, etc. on the view attached to the contour).

The second option is somehow similar

In the save as dialog click options and click next, and in the second window click on Autocad File Template and browse for a file. Create a dwg where only the contour layer exists and so only geometry for that layer will be created. (haven't tested this in a long time, was working)

2016-10-27_20-13-03.png

Adrian S.
blog.ads-sol.com 

AIP2012-2020 i7 6700k AMD R9 370
Did you find this reply helpful ?
If so please use the Accepted Solutions or Like button - Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report