Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2017 R2 - What's New

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Mark.Lancaster
818 Views, 10 Replies

Inventor 2017 R2 - What's New

Autodesk released the R2 version of Inventor 2017 (for those who are on an active subscription)...

Granted the "What's New" info is in the help file but you may want to know ahead of time before installing it..  So here you go..

My top 3..

1.  Turning off those mini-toolbars

2.  One step click for configuring the content center in the project file

3.  Solid hatch is now a hatch style.

Update:  Also I wanted to add...  A certain portion of these improvements came from the Inventor Ideastation..  If you were the one that proposed this change, kudos to you and anyone that voted for it..  Smiley Wink

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
blair
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Finally, the ability to turn off those cursed mini tool bars.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 11
Daniel248
in reply to: blair

Finally, the ability to turn off those cursed mini tool bars! Smiley Happy

MiniToolbars NoMore.png

Message 4 of 11
mcgyvr

I also like this one for ilogic.. I've had a list box for a few years now that I couldn't read all the information and it was really bugging me.. I was so happy to see that addressed.. 

• The input field in the “InputListBox” dialog box now automatically resizes to fit the width of the longest input string.

@Daniel248 .. PERFECT picture for the mini tool bars.. I'm quite positive thats EXACTLY what that picture was created for.. Smiley Very Happy

I did the exact same pose here at my desk..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 11
blair
in reply to: mcgyvr

My thoughts exactly!

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 11

@SteveMDennis 

Thanks for all the hard work!

Please take a few moments today to pat yourself and your team on the back, as these improvements are very welcomed.

... and then tomorrow we'll continue beating up on all of the things that still frustrate us. Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 11

Curtis,

Thanks for the thanks... we do seem to get beat up a lot here and it is tough to take sometimes. I've been working on Inventor since pre-R1 and I have a lot of pride in what we do and sometimes users (who have a right to be upset, don't get me wrong) think we do things on purpose to aggravate you guys!

And while a lot of R2 improvements were done by "my" team the entire Inventor team really worked hard on R2 this time and hopefully everyone can find something in there they need/wanted.

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 11
blair
in reply to: SteveMDennis

Someone from the team should be at AU. Generally on the Friday when most people are leaving, the EE members are in meetings. Last year we were able to have some time with one of the Inventor Product managers in a round table. The ability to discuss some of the strengths and weakness was great.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 9 of 11
SteveMDennis
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:

Someone from the team should be at AU. Generally on the Friday when most people are leaving, the EE members are in meetings. Last year we were able to have some time with one of the Inventor Product managers in a round table. The ability to discuss some of the strengths and weakness was great.

Blair,

My guess would be that at last year's AU 20 - 30 of what I would call the core Inventor team (day to day operations, QA, PM, UX, Dev, Management, etc.) was there.  Myself and 3 or 4 others were in the Answer Bar every day all day.

This year my Ask the Inventor Developer Roundtable class is on Tuesday, you are welcome to attend! 🙂 Ask Sam Bixler if you will get any value out of my class, he attended last year. Most of us pop into other classes for support as well in our areas of expertise.

If you want to speak to someone particular we can find that person or their equivalent for you. Make sure you stop by the Answer Bar!

Steve Dennis
Sr. Principal Engineer
Inventor
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 11
blair
in reply to: SteveMDennis

Yes,

Will do this year. I guess one gets to busy to hit all the hot spots as AU. Smiley Happy

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 11
karthur1

There are many great features in this R2 release.  My top three are:

1. Changes to the model browser Visual display.

2. Sort the balloons.

3. Ability to turn off mini-toolbars (I have never gotten used to using them anyway).

Kirk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report