Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2017 R2 - Available?

29 REPLIES 29
SOLVED
Message 1 of 30
SBix26
1261 Views, 29 Replies

Inventor 2017 R2 - Available?

I received notification this morning from the Desktop App that Service Pack 1 is available for Inventor 2017, so I applied it.  But when I searched the Autodesk website for the SP1 download (.exe or .msp file), I discovered that there is an R2/SP1 combo for subscription customers, which we are.  But I can't find it anywhere in my account.  Can anyone help me locate the R2 download, and can anyone explain why it doesn't show up in the Desktop App?

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2016 R3 SP2
Vault Basic 2016 SP1
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, SP1
Autodesk_Inventor_Certified_Professional_Badge.png

29 REPLIES 29
Message 2 of 30
mcgyvr
in reply to: SBix26

2017 SP1 isn't in my desktop app..  No R2 either.. 

And neither show up in my manage.autodesk.com site either..

Now I'm in beta and already have sp1/r2 installed on one computer..

BUT I also have 2 seats (one that doesn't have SP1/R2 installed) so I have no way of downloading it from either method as neither show up anywhere..

Seems about typical.. Sometimes I believe their emails go out before its really ready/available.. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 30
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: mcgyvr

For me I removed the English language filter and then did a CTRL+F (find) and enter Inventor.  Inventor R2 for 2017 was the 2nd in the find/match listing

7-25-2016 1-00-26 PM.jpg

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 4 of 30
SBix26
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

No joy here.  Removing the English filter allows me to see 2016 R2 & R3, but no 2017 in the list.  That's what I'm waiting for in order to start using 2017 (due to the cascading license problem).  But I also need it to show up in Desktop App so I can apply it to deployment images.

Sam B

Vault Basic 2016 SP1

Message 5 of 30
JDMather

@sbixler wrote:

No joy here.  Removing the English filter ...

Worked for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 6 of 30
ChrisMitchell01
in reply to: JDMather

Sam,

Some PrDS based accounts are still being processed so that 2017 R2 shows correctly; we've been told that the work should be complete by EoD today & then it should show correctly.

Let me know if it doesn't show up late today/tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 30
SBix26
in reply to: ChrisMitchell01

Thanks, Chris.  Tomorrow I'll let the (Inventor) world know if it works for me.

Sam B

Message 8 of 30
SBix26

This morning the R2 update is available for download through the Autodesk Account site, but Autodesk Desktop App is still showing SP1 as the only available update.  This means that I am not able to apply R2 to the deployment image that I've had ready and waiting for more than a month, but we'll just have to do that extra step manually.

Deployment of 2017 commencing today!

Sam B

Vault Basic 2016 SP1

Message 9 of 30
ChrisMitchell01

Sam,

For R2 to show in Desktop App you should have Inventor 2017 already installed & using a Serial Number/Network license which has subscription entitlements, or you should be signed in to an Account which has subscription entitlements.

If you don't already have 2017 installed or are using non-subscription info then you won't see R2.

Is any of the case for you ?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 30
SBix26

Nope, I'm signed in with Desktop App, and 2017 is installed and using a network license (with subscription).  Since I've applied R2 manually to my computer, I can no longer see any Inventor updates in the Desktop App; but when I try to Apply Updates to my deployment image, it still shows SP 1 available, not R2.

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2017 R2
Vault Basic 2017

Message 11 of 30

Thats the way, why hiding the dowload Autodesk? Thanks Mark 🙂
Message 12 of 30

Thats the way Mark 🙂 Thx!!

Why hiding the download Autodesk?

Message 13 of 30
QuasiMojo

Does getting an update really need to be so...circuitous?  Pretty much every other software has a "Check for Updates" in the Help menu that brings you right to the download.  Instead AutoDesk has opted for misdirection.  Click on Product Updates --receive "Updates?!  Go see Products!" Once you go to products, you're what: four pages away from starting to find what you're hoping to find.  Absolutely bizarre.

Updates-see-Products.PNG

Then you're lucky if it will install, or you have to figure out that you have to put it on your root drive and rename it and....

It's so 'mini-toolbar' Robot Indifferent

Message 14 of 30
SBix26
in reply to: QuasiMojo

@QuasiMojo wrote:

Does getting an update really need to be so...circuitous?  Pretty much every other software has a "Check for Updates" in the Help menu that brings you right to the download.

Isn't that exactly what the Desktop App (formerly Application Manager) is for?  In most cases, it does exactly what you are asking, even notifying you that updates are available.

Sam B

Vault Basic 2017

Message 15 of 30
QuasiMojo

True, true, but I'm one of those guys who uninstalls little, constantly-running-in-the-background apps that only do anything I care about very infrequently. Then I complain that things don't work the way I think they should.  You know the type. 

Message 16 of 30
Mark.Lancaster

My 2 cents..  I wouldn't depend on the Application Manager or new flasher interface to tell me if there was updates or not.  I used the Application Manager once (years ago) and never again.   Just because an update is there doesn't mean it needs to be applied so when I have a problem or assisting others that have a problem I manually check to see what are in the updates on the Autodesk Web site.

Granted we all have our opinions and what works for us..

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 17 of 30
SBix26

I do know the type, yes indeed!  Maybe the strategy for you is to run Desktop App once a week to look for updates, but otherwise not have it running?

Sam B

Vault Basic 2017

Message 18 of 30
eveylynne

Mine is still not showing up

Message 19 of 30
steinar.sorem
in reply to: eveylynne

Did you look into your subscription site?
Remove all filters and search for 2017.

Regards
Steinar Sørem
Message 20 of 30
eveylynne
in reply to: steinar.sorem

Yes, nothing shows up.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report