Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Open Files

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
emrust17
731 Views, 9 Replies

Can't Open Files

I have a surface running Windows 8.1, I saved my files on a USB (not damaged), computer crashed a few months later (work IT crashed itself and locked up my computer, was not a virus issue), was reimaged, and now after I redownloaded Inventor 2014. I get an error saying cannot read RSe stream. Ive read the other threads but nothing has worked. Yes I am sure my original files were from Inventor 2014, yes I re downloaded Inventor 2014, but I have not been able to open them. At one point on another computer I tried opening them in 2015 and that did not work either. Can anyone help!? The only files that can be opened are the DWG files, but I need my Autodesk Inventor Part files. Is there any way I can get my original files to open again?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: emrust17

@emrust17

Review this article.

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 10
emrust17
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

I've read that, multiple times in fact. That's why I stated, Ive read other threads (sorry should have added articles) and nothing has helped. Is there any way to get these files to open again?
Message 4 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

If these are the only version you have (since your PC was re image) than most likely they are corrupt and unusable.  Post of the failed files here so we can double check.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 10
emrust17

Post what of the failed documents? screenshot of the list, iproperties? Sorry it looks like you left a word out in the sentence and it appears to be the one I need lol

Message 6 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

Sorry

I meant post one of the failed files here...  Smiley Very Happy

Mark Lancaster

Message 7 of 10
emrust17

It should be attached

Message 8 of 10
emrust17

Heres an "older version"

Message 9 of 10
Mark.Lancaster

@emrust17

The file you provided was created in Inventor 2016 and its opens fine with Inventor 2016 and 2017.   So with you trying to open it in Inventor 2014 or 15, its not going to happen..  Inventor is not backwards compatible..

@emrust17 (Update)..  2nd file also created with Inventor 2016.

Mark Lancaster

Message 10 of 10
emrust17

I honestly would have bet my life I was using 2014.... I even thought I checked properties and it said 2014... Hopefully I didn't escape from a certain facility and I dont have a "Beautiful Mind".

Hmm maybe somewhere along the line I downloaded 2016 and played with it; couldve been while waiting for my table to be reimaged. Maybe then I downloaded the wrong program, opened it being none the wiser, saved and then when I went back it was 2014... IDK, either way I'll download 2016 and see what happens. Thanks for your time and help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report