Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet metal Drop Cheek elbow?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1015 Views, 2 Replies

Sheet metal Drop Cheek elbow?

Hey Guys,

I'm new to this Inventor stuff (abour 12 months). I've been in the design of industrial dust and fumes controls systems for 30 years. I have found that everything I struggle with developing in the sheet metal package has a way to do it that is rather easy once you think in zeros and ones! I'm trying to develope a rectangular to square drop cheek or transitioning elbow from 16 gauge steel. I can loft it as sheet metal, but need a radiused throat, I can loft it in 3d modeling with a centerline to a surface and thicken one side, or all and change it back to sheet metal and it looks great, but won't flat layout!

I just need to know... Is there a way, or am i beating a dead horse? I have attached the file i've been playing with. Let me know...

Thanks in advance

Bill Nelson

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TheCADWhisperer
in reply to: Anonymous

See attached.

The top and bottom generate Flat Patterns, but -

the two twisted sided do not.

It doesn't look like it would be very difficult to lay them out the old fashion way.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADWhisperer

Thanks for the help, but i need a little clarification. It looks like you redrew my surface. I couldn't get mine to flat layout. Is this because I didn't have flat, arc, flat?

I can do the layout for the sides as you suggest, but i would think that this is a fitting that it should be able to handle.

Thanks again.

Bill Nelson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report