Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

different views

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
FredNgu
222 Views, 6 Replies

different views

Hi

I attach a basic assembly for learning purposes. The model is cuurently in closed position. If i change Constraint Angle-1 i can then have in the open position.Change Angle-1 from 90° to 0° changes the position

It seeme to work but is this how you would add the constraints?

1. How do i have a View for Closed Position and a View for Open position. Each View Labelled and depending on which View selected will show

2. Is it possible to have the Handle and Disc go from Closed position to open position in motion and visa versa?

Regards

Fred

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
JDMather
in reply to: FredNgu

Research the topics:

Position Representations

Contraint Limits

Drive Constraint

and later

when you get to 2D drawings - Overlay views.

Also, you should install Service Pack 2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 7
FredNgu
in reply to: JDMather

Thanks

I have now included the Position Reps. One Rep is named "open" and the other is the Master (closed)..How do i name the Master as Closed?

Named - I want one Rep as Open and one Rep as Closed

Thanks

Message 4 of 7
mdavis22569

You don't ....leave the Master as master..

Make the master in the closed position ... then make an open position under the open.

I had it working but I'm on 2016 ...are you on 2015?

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
FredNgu
in reply to: mdavis22569

Yes 2015 but can view 2016 files.

Ok then i have the View Reps working (Attached previous ZIP file)

My next question is if i place 10 of these Assembled Valves into 1 assembly can i control each Valve as some will be open and some will be closed in the 1 assembly?

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
mdavis22569

Yes ..

but there are a couple of ways to go about it ..

view reps / using the positional from the assemblie ... depending on how many, it could be a lot of work.

Flexible assemblies (suppress your contraints in valve assembly file, and do them in the main assembly)

2 different assemblies  (so if you want a batch open they all open, and another for all the closed)

some will agree with some of the ideas, and some won't ..and I'm sure there are a few more ways, but it all depends on how big this assembly is going to be and how much work you want to do.   If you keep the handle and valve constrainted together in the make assembly and not going opposite (I have a model of that) .. then I would do the flex    

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

---------
Mike Davis

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
FredNgu
in reply to: mdavis22569

Ok i have 1 more question please

When in the valve is in the open position how do i make the 2 cylinders Green on the Left and the 2 on the right Clear. When i Close the valve the 2 cylinders on the left turn Clear and the 2 cylinders on the right go Red? the Opposite effect

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report